Join Our Team
Position: Warehouse Packer
Lewisville, TX | Suwanee, GA | Woodridge, IL
The Packer is the employee who is responsible for making sure that all orders from the pickers are to be packed properly, accurately and in the safest manner to arrive to the Talley, Inc. customer.
- Verification of all orders provided to packers by Pickers for shipping for 100% accuracy
- Confirm that all items being shipped are checked against the Packaging List or Bill of Material
- Packaging and prep for all outbound orders (assure that it is packed safely and securely)
- Data Entry on a daily basis using the Prelude system
- Identify next day orders vs. regular standard ground orders choosing the best method to be shipped
- Prepare packing materials for orders/Pack, void fill, and close carton (pre-wrap items, bubble wrap, shipping paper, etc.)
- Manifest the shipment
- Stage or transport the order to the dock area
- Final Quality Control
- Pick Orders as needed
- Work with pallets (occasional)
- Additional job duties and responsibilities can be added at any time
Knowledge, Skill, Education and Experience Required:
- The Warehouse Packer will be able to operate a pallet jack
- The Warehouse Packer will be able to operate a tape machine, build boxes and operate a Shipping Label machine
- The Warehouse Packer are required to be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- The Warehouse Packer must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to bend and reach overhead
- The Warehouse Packer must be able to work under deadline pressure
- Prelude Experience is Required
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience required: 1-year warehouse experience.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Understanding of basic Math skills
- Customer Service skills a plus
- Must be able to present and live by the Talley Goal of making Talley the Premier Distributor in the Wireless Communications Industry.